

It's OK, you can laugh. I did. That allergic reaction really did a number on me. My hives had gone down but my lips were HUGE. My hands and feet also hurt from the rash. So I looked up Hives on the internet and found this:
When Should I Call the Doctor About Hives?
If hives or angioedema occur with any of the following symptoms, contact your doctor right away:
- Dizziness
- Wheezing
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the tongue, lips, or face
Well, I had experienced 3 of the 5 in the last 3 days, so I went to the Doctor. I was told that I definitely had a bad allergic reaction to something, but there wasn't a way to find out what without a lot of testing. She also told me to continue taking Benadryl and that it was the best thing for allergic reactions ( take note). If it happens again I'm supposed to take Benadryl and go to the Doctor and they can start testing to find out what I'm allergic to. She also mentioned the possibility of an EpiPen if it happens again. Lets hope not. So after around the clock Benadryl and lots of anti itch meds, I'm back to normal. Jason has promised to get rid of the blanket so it never comes near me again. Good man. Unfortunately, that Good man dislocated his shoulder that same Monday. He's doing OK, just sore and in a sling. He has to see a specialist to see if he needs surgery. At this rate we will both have no problem hitting our new high deductible insurance. Can you say Boo 2011?
No comments:
Post a Comment