Thursday, June 30, 2011
Happy Tears
I laugh a lot. I laugh loud. People know my laugh. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. As long as I can remember people have recognized me by my laugh. I remember going to Provost Elementary and a neighbor told me they knew I was in the hall because they heard my laugh. I've gotten that reaction my whole life. I honestly don't know what my laugh sounds like. I don't like to hear my voice. I have a low voice for a girl. It sounds weird to me.
I have friends with contagious laughs. Their laugh makes you laugh. Not because it's a weird or ugly laugh, just one that makes you happy enough to join in. I don't know if my laugh is one of those. Just distinct enough that people remember it and can hear me from across rooms, stores, probably miles sometimes.
The best laughs are when they turn silent. You're laughing so hard that no sound even comes out anymore, it's usually accompanied by crossed legs, stomach pain and tears. I love that laugh. I also love when a laugh comes out at full force. Like something was so funny you had to honor it with full volume. It's usually not on purpose, but it's great.
Laughter really is the best thing ever. Every good friend I have makes me laugh. That's why we're friends. I can't spend genuine time with a person if there is never any laughter. My friends and family are the funniest people I know.
I also think laughter is why I'm not easily offended. I usually don't pick sides in arguments, I don't hold grudges often, I don't like to create drama. I would rather move past the negative and get to the happiness. I think people spend too much time being mad at each other. So let's all enjoy the laughter.
" Give, give, give, and laugh, laugh, laugh. Even when it's at the expense of others, it's important to laugh. Laugh loudly, laugh often, and most important, laugh at yourself."
-Chelsea Handler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can vividly picture (and hear) you laughing in my head. haha. Made me smile! :)
This post made me smile. :)
Now let's go get a sno cone and laugh.
Post a Comment