This summer I took a Drafting class and Perspective Drawing/Rendering class. Really, it was a fairly easy semester. Since both classes were drawing classes I didn't have studying or tests, just drawing assignments. The down side, drawing assignments can be quite time consuming. The last two weeks of the semester I was basically always doing homework. I barely saw Jason and even gave away some of my shifts at work.
This is what my room looked like for those two weeks.
While I worked on these projects.
This is actually from the middle of the semester. It was for my Perspective class. We had to create a line drawing and then turn it into a value study. The end result was made up of only shadows, no lines at all.
This is the final for that class.
Again it started with a line drawing and went from there. It's hard to see the details from a picture, but I spent quite a few hours on this piece. There are some things that I know could have been better but I'm still happy with it.
I also had to keep a sketch book for this class. Most of it was full of sad sketches, but I'll show you some of the things I'm not totally embarrassed by.
Trees. I found out I'm good at doing quick trees. They are also fun to do.
This was just a chair I drew quickly and decided it would be fun to color. It's not perfect but a sketch book doesn't need to be right?
Now for Drafting. I love drafting. I did a lot of little projects throughout the semester but I won't bore you with those. For the final, my teacher just gave us the outside walls of a building and we had to go from there. It was a two story building that had a commercial 1st floor that we got to choose what kind of space we wanted to design. My sister Alison has talked about wanting a cupcake bakery for a few years so I decided to make that my commercial space.
It's hard to really see everything in the pictures, but you get the idea. This first page also got a little crinkled in my car, but my teacher had us hand in copies not the originals.
The space planning for the bakery.
This is a Reflected Ceiling plan showing anything that connects to the ceiling including light fixtures.
The second floor of the building was a residential space. I made it an apartment for Alison.
This is the electrical plan for the apartment. Some of it is kinda hard to see.
The last page of the assignment were Elevations. We had to do an exterior elevation to show what the building looked like and one interior elevation of our choice.
The outside of "Sugar Lips" bakery and Alison's apartment. Brick and stucco exterior.
This is the interior elevation of the wall with bench seating in the bakery. Wall of windows with pendant lights above the tables.
So, there you have it. That's how I've spent my summer. I received A's in my classes and currently have a 4.0 GPA. I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as I can. I now have a couple weeks to relax before the fall semester starts. I have three more classes to look forward to. I feel like it's going to be a busy Fall, but I'm excited to continue the program.

3 comments:
Wow! I'm super impressed! I'm just happy you love doing this and are finally in school! I'm sure Alison would be thrilled if this became a reality too! You're awesome Michelle!
I wish you could draw things and have them come to life. This would be an awesome place to live!
haha my word verification before I can post this is "marty"...haha
Great job on these! They look great.
Post a Comment