Monday, December 5, 2011

Tidbits

Here's a random collection of things that have gone on in the last few weeks.

This is a tree candle we sell at work. This is what they are supposed to look like.



 This is what they look like if they sit in a window with direct sunlight. 

Aren't they so cute? We all love them. They look so embarrassed. A couple people have already claimed them. There was no way we were going to throw these away. They make me laugh every time I see them. 



On Thanksgiving I brought some gingerbread mini town kits to do after dinner. They come with five small houses so you can make a town out of them. They are nice to decorate because they are small. It's fun to see what everyone comes up with. Here is our little town.
Front.

Back.

Jason went a little funky and added a nice big tree to his roof. I was a little jealous. 

We decided my house had a mustache. A mustache or it's just influenced by the Swiss style. 

My candy cane roof shingles. 


I love Christmas. I love Christmas decorations. So I started pulling them out a couple days after Thanksgiving. I haven't had a chance to finish them and it's driving me nuts. Tomorrow night, it's happening. But while I was working on the decorations that day, I did something bad.

I beheaded a Shepard.

Every piece of my nativity was wrapped in bubble wrap and when I pulled a piece out of the box, he went flying. He hit the floor and "SHIII" came out of my mouth. I stopped myself because I realized it really wasn't appropriate to swear over a nativity. (or at all, but sometimes I just can't help it.)
But all is well, Sarah had some glue and the Shepard is whole again. Can't even tell I broke his poor little head off. 



1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm happy you were able to save the shepherd. He's sooo Nearly Headless Shepherd. (Insert more appropriate name)
Love the shy trees too!