Sunday, September 11, 2011

Giant Size

In the past year Jason has been under anesthesia 3 times for dental work. I've taken him to his appointment every time. He reacts to the anesthesia pretty well and every time he says the funniest things that he has no memory of.

Friday was his last appointment. All three times I find him in the same spot after he's done. Sitting in a wheel chair, mouth full of gauze with a total dazed look on his face. His finger always has a sensor clipped on it to measure his BPM and well whatever those machines measure.

We were sitting there quietly waiting for the dentist listening to the machine beep loudly. The beeps slowed down for a second and then went back to normal. Jason turns to me and asks what his BPM is supposed to be. I told him I didn't know. He very seriously says " I just died there for a minute." I couldn't help but just sit there and laugh. Then a few minutes later he asked if he looked tired. I told him that yes he did look tired.

We left the office and I asked Jason if he wanted a Jamba Juice. He said he did. Then he said we could just wait until we got to Lehi and go to Smoothie King. We were in Provo. I told him it would be at least 20 minutes before we would get to Lehi and Jamba Juice was just up the road. I asked him if he had a preference of which one we went to. He said " I'm in no condition to make critical decisions." I laughed and said we were going to Jamba Juice. He repeated that it was a critical decision.

I asked Jason if he knew what kind of smoothie he wanted. He wanted Mango a go go. I asked "A big one?" and he said "Giant Size. Ask them if they have giant size." I didn't ask them for giant size. When I came back out he had completely reclined in his seat.

Jason says he doesn't remember anything about the car ride except me saying something about parking in the shade when we got to Jamba Juice. Even though I feel bad that he has to get work done and be in pain, I find drugged up Jason pretty funny.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I find drugged up Jason stories really funny too.

Sally said...

I agree with Alison.

Sarah said...

Haha! Awesome. I bet working around people coming out of sedation everyday would be a funny job.